Phase Shift Lane Rotation Schedules

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Phase Shift Lane Rotation Schedules

Post by Mr. Slick »

Enhnce your code as you see best, I am not doing any maintenance of it so I get to play the happy end user. :-) I make no claim to "Phase Shift Lane Rotation" or any such implementation, just sharing some of my ideas and years of racing experiance. . . like I've heard, it's for the kids!

What I would like to suggest is that the spread(aka generator) keeps growing if there is opponent repeat . . . up to a point :wink: . . . I probably value opponent equality too much compared to consecutive heat races since the pit crew does the staging/starting/car returns. When I end up with consecutive heat racing the pit crew catches on real quick that there is one car that will be coming back from the end of the track for the next race. This is usually in smaller groups and so the effective time spread between most races for a specific car is still easy for the kids to wait through.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Cory »

Mr. Slick wrote:Enhance your code as you see best, I am not doing any maintenance of it so I get to play the happy end user. :-) I make no claim to "Phase Shift Lane Rotation" or any such implementation, just sharing some of my ideas and years of racing experiance. . . like I've heard, it's for the kids!

What I would like to suggest is that the spread(aka generator) keeps growing if there is opponent repeat . . . up to a point :wink: . . . I probably value opponent equality too much compared to consecutive heat races since the pit crew does the staging/starting/car returns. When I end up with consecutive heat racing the pit crew catches on real quick that there is one car that will be coming back from the end of the track for the next race. This is usually in smaller groups and so the effective time spread between most races for a specific car is still easy for the kids to wait through.
Thanks, Mr. Slick. We will be mindful of any suggestions that you make. At this point, I'm thinking that there are probably certain aspects of these charts where our understanding and your understanding are still pretty far apart.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

If not maximizing opponents, the only check that is needed is that no generator partial sum is equal to zero modulus numCars. That should make it easy to add generator elements. Continuing the sequencing as described earlier, multiple rounds should be readily attainable. But, you are probably way ahead of me on this! :)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"