I want to scream!!!!

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I want to scream!!!!

Post by gpraceman »

ameliabedelia wrote:Part of the problem is probably that the racing method your club is using is one of 2 methods given in Awana's Grand Prix Instruction Manual (I'm assuming Awana hasn't revised it since we bought one to get us started a few years ago). So the club is assuming that these 2 methods must be correct/accurate/official, so they must be used, and they must be right.
That manual only mentioned Double Elimination, if I recall correctly (it has been several years since I looked at it). I wouldn't take that as Awana making that the "official" race method. If so, Awana wouldn't be selling my GrandPrix Race Manager software, which deliberately does not support elimination methods, double or otherwise. It does have a built-in Perfect-N type chart generator due to Stan and Cory making a DLL available.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ameliabedelia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: I want to scream!!!!

Post by ameliabedelia »

I was speculating that that particular club, as demonstrated by their unwillingness to do any other method, may think that what they perceive as the official Awana rule is what they have to do.

I agree, I don't take that as the official method, just one of the ways it could be done.