Excel Worksheet for 2-lane racing

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
*5 J's*
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Excel Worksheet for 2-lane racing

Post by *5 J's* »

Our two lane track uses a timer interfaced GPRM for scheduling, but I am looking for a backup spreadsheet in the event the timer fails during the race.

Does anybody have a worksheet that will schedule a race for a two-lane track with up to 50 racers?
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Excel Worksheet for 2-lane racing

Post by Stan Pope »

*5 J's* wrote:Our two lane track uses a timer interfaced GPRM for scheduling, but I am looking for a backup spreadsheet in the event the timer fails during the race.

Does anybody have a worksheet that will schedule a race for a two-lane track with up to 50 racers?
Cory Young has one. It requires Excel and incorporates the latest PPN software for schedule specification. See Software on Cory's website.

Last I looked, it used a feature of Excel that is not in other spreadsheet products.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

*5 J's* wrote:Our two lane track uses a timer interfaced GPRM for scheduling, but I am looking for a backup spreadsheet in the event the timer fails during the race.
When using GPRM, we do recommend that you print out the scoresheet report and use that to manually record each heat (finish order at a minimum). If there is some issue with the computer, you can continue the race and tabulate the results off of that.

If it is just an issue of timer communications, then you can switch to Points scoring, if scoring by Time, and then manually enter the finish order for each heat into GPRM. GPRM keeps track of points as well as times, even when scoring by time. That way you can let GPRM do all the number crunching for you.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
*5 J's*
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by *5 J's* »

Thanks Randy and Stan. I would be using times, so it's good to know that I could swap over to points if required.