Cory's Spredsheet for PPN Charts - A Question

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
timtrain35
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cory's Spredsheet for PPN Charts - A Question

Post by timtrain35 »

I've used Cory's spreadsheet for the past two years with great success. However, this year is a little different. It's an Awana event and we are splitting up the two age categories into two nights. Long story short, I'm guessing we are going to end up with 20-25 cars for an evening running on a three lane track. When I try to generate a chart for 20+ cars and 3 rounds, it won't let me and bumps it down to 2 rounds. 19 cars and 3 rounds is fine, just not 20+. Is this something inherent to the charts or the spreadsheet? Just curious...

Edited with correct verbiage. I get Heats and Rounds backwards...sorry.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Cory's Spredsheet for PPN Charts - A Question

Post by Stan Pope »

Two rounds was pretty much the cutoff in the generator search for larger numbers of cars.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cory's Spredsheet for PPN Charts - A Question

Post by gpraceman »

Every scheduling method has its limitations. There are some combinations of racers, track lanes and runs per lane that it is not able to create a schedule for. You can weld two charts together to get the number of runs per lane that you desire, but you may get an unbalance in opponent equity.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.