GPRM 13 Scheduling and Awards

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
BKahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM 13 Scheduling and Awards

Post by BKahuna »

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere...

First time race coordinator with questions about Grouping and Awards.

I would like to award the top 3 fastest cars in the pack, and also the top 3 by Rank and Den.

What would be the best way to set up the groups/subgroups to accomplish this? I'm ok with all ranks racing each other.

We are using a K2 timer with PC hookup to record times, and GPRM version 9.

Thanks, from a flustered race coordinator!
Last edited by BKahuna on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: GPRM 9 Scheduling and Awards

Post by BallBoy »

Welcome to DerbyTalk. I want to make sure I understand the question. You want the top 3 overall - I think that's clear. Are you planning to give awards to each den within a rank as well as to the rank? For example, if you have 2 Wolf dens, are you planning to give awards for the fastest 3 in each den as well as the fastest 3 wolves regardless of den? In this example there would be 9 awards for Wolves - 3 for each of the two dens plus 3 for overall fastest wolves. Is this what you are going for or are you only going to be doing 3 awards for the wolves, regarless of how many wolf dens?
BKahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BKahuna »

BallBoy wrote: Are you planning to give awards to each den within a rank as well as to the rank?
Yes. The top 3 from each Rank, and the top 3 from each Den, as well as the top 3 overall.
Thanks for your reply!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you want to view standings at the den, rank and pack level, then your groups are the ranks and subgroups are the dens. The overall round standings will give you the combined pack results.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
BKahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BKahuna »

gpraceman wrote:If you want to view standings at the den, rank and pack level, then your groups are the ranks and subgroups are the dens. The overall round standings will give you the combined pack results.
Thanks!
If we do it that way, will the ranks be racing against other ranks, or just their own rank? I would prefer to have one big race, if possible.

Also, I upgraded to GPRM 13 today as well, if that makes any difference. (Thread title changed) Thanks.

Edit: I guess maybe it's possible to tick the Master schedule in options, to get "one big race" even though they'll only be running against their own Rank, it will be more interspersed to keep interest up. Am I understanding this correctly?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM 13 Scheduling and Awards

Post by gpraceman »

Yes, that is correct.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.