PPN.DLL Documentation

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
heatsink
Apprentice
Apprentice

PPN.DLL Documentation

Post by heatsink »

I'm developing a Race Manager Excel spreadsheet that generates Partial Perfect-N schedules using the Python script found here https://code.google.com/p/derbyrunner/s ... gen.py?r=7. However calling a python script from Excel is a bit of a pain and it would be easier to use the PPN.DLL that is included in GPRM.

Is it legitimate to use this DLL? If so, is there any documentation on the functions it provides? Postings by gpraceman in other forums have helped me get the basic makePPNChart function to work OK from Excel, but I'm aware there are at least some error diagnostic functions that might be useful.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PPN.DLL Documentation

Post by gpraceman »

While you could hack together some VBA to use the DLL, there are certainly ins and outs of doing so. A lot of work went into GPRM to get it to work smoothly with the DLL. I'd actually be willing to donate a GPRM license to your scout group, if it will help promote Pinewood Derby style racing in your country.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
heatsink
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: PPN.DLL Documentation

Post by heatsink »

Well that's a generous offer Randy, and one I'm inclined to accept. I'm working on organizing several groups to hold a derby each to feed into a zone derby. Having some good software to run our group derby (and show off to other groups) would certainly help things along.