PPN & New Year's Resolution

Debates and discussions on the various race scheduling methods that can be used and their fairness and accuracy in determining the winners.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

PPN & New Year's Resolution

Post by Stan Pope »

I produced the PPN Chart parameters several years ago. They were limited in scope by my then available computing power. Since that time, my available computing power has increased by a factor of about 90,000. So one of my new year's resolutions for 2015 is to revisit the PPN chart parameter search with the intention of extending the breadth (number of lanes) and depth (number of rounds) that the software can support.

90,000 sounds like a lot, but it is small compared to the rate at which the search difficulty increases.

Please wish me luck ... and persistence and health ... sufficient to complete the search.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: PPN & New Year's Resolution

Post by Speedster »

I wish you all the Health, Persistence, and Luck in the World, Stan. I know you'll do it.
Happy New Year to you and all your Loved Ones.
Cheers,
Bill
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I pray that it goes well for you. There are 8 lane track owners that would be very happy if you were able to add in support for them.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

gpraceman wrote:I pray that it goes well for you. There are 8 lane track owners that would be very happy if you were able to add in support for them.
Breadth! Part of the plan. I don't know how much 8-track support the additional computational capability will allow, but I intend to find out. Might take a month or two of 7X24 processing by my whole LAN, but ... :) There is a lot of power in those "massively parallel" GPU's (ten NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti GPU's = 6400 1GHz CPU's), and the generator search is a good candidate for them.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"