Long Track/4 Wheeling Help Wanted

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
ninjarabbi1997
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Long Track/4 Wheeling Help Wanted

Post by ninjarabbi1997 »

We have our Pack Race coming Up in Two weeks (same track as districts). It is a 50' Aluminum Track, we have to have 4 wheels touching with stock wheelbase (can be moved back, if maintained. The rear wheels are 1/2" from the back (they stick out about 1/8", but our length can be 7.25". The car is 3/16" thick all the way across and is a cheap imitation of Warp's Hammerhead style. I am shooting for the CG at about 1.25" in front of the rear axle (trying to maximize PE and stability). This puts about 3.75oz. on the rear wheels and 1.25oz. on the front. Any opinions on this set up? Should I shoot for dead on alignment or try and steer a wheel to kiss the rail?

(thanks Stan for the PM)

Thanks,

Jim
Love God. Love People. Pass it On.
FatAlbert'sRacing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Long Track/4 Wheeling Help Wanted

Post by FatAlbert'sRacing »

I would try and shoot for dead on alignment. Would see if you could move your CG back a little bit, to my be a 1" in front of your back wheels. That is my opion anyway.
A1nogoslo
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Long Track/4 Wheeling Help Wanted

Post by A1nogoslo »

We have a 49' and a 42', build the car the same for both once your car reaches 42' feet your almost done... :bigups: