Graphite on car.

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
welshdragon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Graphite on car.

Post by welshdragon »

What's the best way to remove the graphite from the paint. I've tried vegetable oil with limited success. Also, my car is florescent yellow/green and I need to put the wheels on. Since the wheels are heavily coated with graphite, I'm worried about ruining the paint. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Graphite on car.

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

Having 3 kids we learned to use baby wipes for everything. They clean everything but windows (streak heavily). They do a great job of removing graphite, as long a your paint is smooth.
welshdragon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by welshdragon »

I'll try that. Don't have any babies or kids though. This car is for a business function but I want to keep it looking nice before, during, and after the race. Do you think regular Wal-Mart type all-purpose wipes would work?

Thanks,
Frank
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

welshdragon wrote:Do you think regular Wal-Mart type all-purpose wipes would work?

Thanks,
Frank
You can buy a package of baby wipes at Wal-Mart. Make sure you get the UNSCENTED version!!

We also have Clorox wipes. Haven't tried them. Maybe killing the germs will make it a little faster. :mrgreen:
clemsontigerfanatic
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by clemsontigerfanatic »

The best way to remove graphite is litle vegatable oil on a towel.
works great