Source for extra needle axles?

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
TimInOhio
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Source for extra needle axles?

Post by TimInOhio »

Forgive me if this is easy to resolve, but I've been reading so much DerbyTalk and some other PWD resources that things are starting to blend together. Can someone point out a source for extra needle axles? I have a set of RSNX wheels (and axles), and I'd like some more needle axles for backup and for experimentation.

Thanks in advance!

TimInOhio
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Source for extra needle axles?

Post by sporty »

You can contact some of the vendors, that sell them wheels, should be able to get them for you.

If not, And you recall or have a mic, can cotnact fastenal or others and buy drill rod blanks or pin gauges.

Sporty
andylester
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andylester »

You can also get stainless wire from smallparts.com for pretty cheap. You can get it in various diameters to try. You can also use earring backs to hold the wheels on, making it easy to take the wheels on and off.
Thanks,

Andy Lester, Owner

Lester Racing - Laser Cut Gravity Car Innovation
http://www.lesterracing.net" target="_blank

Mountaineer Precision Products
http://www.mpp-models.com" target="_blank
kevinrevin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kevinrevin »

I am using drill bits, with earring backs to hold the wheels in place. The bits came from Harbor Freight in a package of various sizes. If I remember correctly, there were three bits in the package of the correct size.