Custom Paint Stencils

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
TheJep
Apprentice
Apprentice

Car turned out great.

Post by TheJep »

Won the whole thing again.

I couldn't do the stencil I wanted, so I went simple. Here's how it looked finished:

THe tricky part was going to be trying to stencil that QR code that's on the back. I couldn't get it done so I just did a sticker. The QR code takes you to a video that shows my son doing the work on the car...this is our 4th undefeated car and we have received our share of hate from the haters. My boys are accused of cheating every time or told that there was no way they helped. So this video was what came up when the QR code was scanned...just showing a little love to the haters. Here's the video:
http://vimeo.com/75163689

Here's a video of the car delivering a beatdown:
View My Video

Fun time putting this car together. A ton of shaping on this body. A good challenge but I think I will go back to simpler styles like I have done in the past. Here are the 4 cars we've built:

But the video to the haters was a fun touch and got lots of comments.

I raced the 4 champion cars...any guesses which one won?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Custom Paint Stencils

Post by Speedster »

Obviously the FLAME car. It caught on FIRE ! ! !
CONGRATULATIONS to your son and you on the win. Those are all beautiful cars.
TheJep
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Custom Paint Stencils

Post by TheJep »

Thanks Speedster...as it turns out, the black flame car and the 3-wheeler were about dead even in 3rd, but the black flame was only 3rd fastest. The first car we ever made was the one with the blue wheels. We put them on a lathe and took every bit of weight out of them as possible...we had no rules about wheels and axles then. So it was the fastest. Here's a video of the 4 cars racing:

View My Video

Good times with those cars and my boys, we have 4 more Pinewood years left.