Just ordered my first set of supplies for this year!

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just ordered my first set of supplies for this year!

Post by BradyS71 »

Okay just ordered 2 39" carbon rods, a chunk of balsa wood, and the micromesh (adhesive backed) kit (1200 to 12000). Already starting to get figity....

We will be making a thin arrow shaped car (Hawkeye's arrow to go with our Thor's Hammer and Capt. Americas Shield). Its going to be a 3 wheeled RR with some tungsten weights. This is the year that we are going more for speed and less for design. I have my 4' tuning board all set and ready to go and am finishing our packs fun track...
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Just ordered my first set of supplies for this year!

Post by Noskills »

I like the Avengers theme.
Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
BradyS71
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by BradyS71 »

Yes the boy is a comic book nerd (my work there is done :)). We have it all mapped out, Hulk theme next year, and Iron Man the last year. LEDs and Arduinos for the last car. It may not be fast but it will be cool.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Keep us posted on the building progress. Sounds good! I'm especially interested in information working with balsa wood.

Speaking of Arduinos, I saw this advertised...good for a PWD sized project? http://www.femtoduino.com/" target="_blank
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Nice, cant wait to hear more and pictures,.

Sporty
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Vitamin K wrote:Speaking of Arduinos, I saw this advertised...good for a PWD sized project? http://www.femtoduino.com/" target="_blank
Hmm, has some possibilities...
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.