My boy's scout career in pics

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

My boy's scout career in pics

Post by davet »

Many of you have gone out of your way to help us over the years. I thought you might like to see what you helped us accomplish. Here is a progression of our cars as we learned from you guys. Thanks for the encouragement.

This tank was our first car and took us to Districts. "Best of Show" winner.Image

Built a missile shaped car our second year. He saw a pic of this missile in one of his books and wanted his car to look like it. It slammed side to side down the track and didn't even make top 3 in our den. My boy turned this thing on a bench grinder with me holding his hands. No mess ups that wood filler couldn't fix. "Best of Show" winner.

--We found this site and the next year took 1st at Districts with track record and 7th at NorthernStar Council on all stock kit parts and oil. "Most Patriotic" award winner.

--The next year my boy said he wanted an aircraft carrier with planes on it AND wanted it to be fast. Track record at Districts and 4th at Council. "Best Car that's Not a Car" award winner.

--This, our final year, my boy found this pic of a lightning bolt and said he wanted his car to look like it, have LED's AND be fast. Track record at Districts and 1st at Council. "Best Detail" award winner.
Edit 00
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation: