Camber on Dominant Front Wheel

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Camber on Dominant Front Wheel

Post by Speedster »

I use the Maximum Velocity Pro-Axle Bender, Part 5198. Our rules state the wheels must be straight up and down but it is not strictly enforced at the District race. With the Pro-Axle Bender you can bend the nail just a very small amount under 2 degrees and the wheel will run on the outside edge with Positive camber. The wheel looks very close to being straight up and down.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Camber on Dominant Front Wheel

Post by Vitamin K »

Do you do the same thing (though negative) for the rears?
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Camber on Dominant Front Wheel

Post by Speedster »

On the rears I drill the slots with the Derby Worx tool and then install the axles with another Derby worx tool and hope they go in very straight. For some reason when I stick the pin in the nose and roll the car back and forth the wheels migrate to the axle heads. As long as I get them to do that I leave everything alone. There must be a taper in the bore of the BSA wheels or maybe the construction of the wheel itself but they go out to the axle head and stay there. So far it has been very successful. We'll see tomorrow at 2 PM just how successful.