transferring dry weights?

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
mountaindew
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mountaindew »

I just got rules for my outlaw race. It's states that tranferring dry weights are allowed.
Since this is my first outlaw I have no idea what this is or how to do it.
Help?

The car dimensions are the same as the kids. The only other difference is a max 8oz and no restrictions on wheels or axles. I have outlaw wheels and axles from maximum velocity.From what I read is that 6-7 oz is a good weight with a normal 3/4 com

Thanks
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

That's a very fancy but strange rule for weights!
It could be that the ruling just means any weight type that can be adjusted will be allowed.

However my thought's are more so on this weight style that treads into a 3/8 drilled hole!
That allow's you to adjust and transfer the weight front to back or side to side. ( this could be there transferring dry weight.)
Weight type like what is seen in this image link:
https://b2b.woodlandscenics.com/ws_imag ... 19_f_1.jpg

Or by chance the ruling set is going to let you change the positions of your weight to adjust your center of gravity.
(By transferring your weight around) To find the best suited COG and run times for the car! ( However it's not likely!)

Id say the ruling is just for the weight types that can be adjusted.. like the stick down types like tungsten putty .. and or screw down / tread in type weights.

( However get the true clarification on the transferring dry weight ruling from you'r race chairman or committee.)

And best of luck!
Whoda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?