Spray Booth

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spray Booth

Post by gpraceman »

Saw this in a mailer from Woodcraft and thought that it was an interesting idea for a workshop paint booth. Reusable and packs away compactly. Just put a plastic turntable in there and paint away.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/home ... ay-shelter

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Spray Booth

Post by Speedster »

With all Respect, the lady is not dressed properly for Spray Painting. From someone who painted Class 8 trucks for 13 years, spray painting is very dangerous. Most people think the overspray from painting is dangerous, and it is, but it is the fumes that kill you. Those cheap cotton masks sold everywhere give you no protection. It takes very special masks to protect you and the mask MUST fit properly. Today a professional spray painter is completely covered with a special hood that feeds fresh air to him/her. In my humble opinion, don't be spray painting at workshops no matter how good you feel about your ventilation system. If you can smell it you're in trouble. Some very young lungs have been put in our care. Let's protect them.
Respectively,
Bill Klingler
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Speedster, you brought up a really good point about spray paints and over spray fumes!

What about acrylic water base paints you can use in an air brush or apply with a paint brush?

Yeah I broke down got and airbrush system plus a spray booth to go with it.
Even with the different paint types you can use in them.. you really need to pay attention to paint types and the PPE needed to.
The spray booth type I went with for airbrushing and venting out the fumes.
https://bestchoiceproducts.com/products ... 5oQAvD_BwE

However the system will be for home use only!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

We set up our spray area outside during our workshops. So, it is well ventilated. However, I had to resort to a cut up box to work as a spray booth after one family got overspray all over my driveway. :burningmad:
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

We've always used big cardboard boxes set up outside, with plastic turntables.