Thank you - on to Districts

Secrets, tips, tools, design considerations, materials, the "science" behind it all, and other topics related to building the cars and semi-trucks.
castaway97
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you - on to Districts

Post by castaway97 »

My sons and I really got into doing our research this year and it showed. They finished 1st and 3rd and were so excited... made all that extra effort worth it. The main things were added were Lemon Pledge to the axles, Novus2 polish to the inside of the wheel bores and an attempt to burnish graphite into the wheel bores. Previously we had canted the wheels and tried rail riding and did well (4th-6th place).

Thank you for all the great information here. It helped!

Any advise on prep before districts. Is it worth it to take off the wheels and reprep the axles and wheels? Add more pledge? I finally got some wax for the bores that we might add (Red Rocket)... I'm assuming we'd get the old graphite out before adding the wax.

Thanks again to the forum... great helpful information in here.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Thank you - on to Districts

Post by Vitamin K »

If the car ran really well at the Pack level, my instinct would be to leave it alone for the most part. Spin a little more graphite into the bores on race day and call it done.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Thank you - on to Districts

Post by Speedster »

NO, don't take the wheels off. It sounds like your Team is doing extremely well. You can put a bit more graphite in the bores while the wheels are on the car. See how you do at your District Race and learn from it.
Best Wishes to you and your Team.