Derby Talk Shirts

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Derby Talk Shirts

Post by gpraceman »

I was thinking about getting some nice Derby Talk polo shirts made up for our district race next month. Of course, there is a price break when ordering in bulk. If I get 12 of these shirts made up, would anyone be interested in having one at cost (which is about $26 each plus their shipping charge to me and the shipping charge to you)?

This is what I was looking at. I like the checkered collar and sleeves. Maybe in the blue, yellow or black (more likely the blue) with the Derby Talk logo embroidered on the left breast (with the website address below the logo). Anyone interested shoot me a PM.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Derby Talk Shirts

Post by gpraceman »

The consensus so far is to get these in Blue. Unfortunately, for the bulk pricing, you cannot mix and match colors, so we need to go with one color selection.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

What kind of logo will you have or design ?

ever thing about a more lower costing shirt ?

Sporty
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

sporty wrote:What kind of logo will you have or design ?
I was thinking of using the logo that is already used on the site, but add the website address below it. The problem is that I do not have a "print quality" version of the logo, so I have to get one created.
sporty wrote:ever thing about a more lower costing shirt ?
Well, this started out as something that I was wanting to have made up for our upcoming district race. Wearing T-shirts for a district event just didn't quite seem suitable, so I started looking at the polo shirts. The one I found was the lowest cost that had a nice race theme to it already.

I can certainly look at getting some T-shirts made up, but that probably would be in the fall and if enough people expressed an interest.
Randy Lisano

sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

It will certainly look nice.

If I can add my thoughts, I think it woud like very nice with a small logo on the front, left pocket area. Then a big one in the center on the back.

I think they will look very nice, when you get them done. you will have to post a picture of one.

Certainly nice quality looking polo style shirt.

Sincerely,

Sporty
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

For the polo shirt I was looking at a small embroidered logo on the left breast. That would look nicer than a printed logo.

For T-shirts, I can see having a small logo on the left breast and then a bigger one on the back. Of course, the back would be good for some of the slogans that Bubba has been collecting.
Randy Lisano

BigDozer66
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BigDozer66 »

Randy,
I would be interested in one if you get them. :)

Thanks,
Lynn
"one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Cubmaster and AWANA Game Director
Spawn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spawn »

I'm also interested in the shirts, and for whatever it's worth my preference is actually for the orange, but that's just because I think it stands out much better. I suppose the yellow would be a good second choice.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I am finally trying to get off my duff and get some shirts made up for my wife and I to wear at the races we do. I have to order at least 6 shirts to get them to waive the $95 setup charge (ouch).

I intend to use the logo below on the black polo shirt with red checkered collar and sleeves ends (wife likes that color to hide the graphite). She'd rather I use the GrandPrix Software Central logo, but I don't know that many would want to be an advertising billboard for my software site. See my first post on this thread for what the polo shirts look like.

If anyone wants one of these shirts, it would be $25 each (includes shipping), payable via PayPal. At that price, I would actually take a bit of a loss on each shirt, but I am OK with that. If you are interested in a shirt, let me know. I'll be submitting the order this week.

Once I get the logo setup with them, there is no further setup charge on future orders, so I can get some T-shirts or even hats with that logo. If there is enough interest, I can order in larger quantities, which would drive the cost down.

The color of "Derby Talk" is intended to be Gold.

Last edited by gpraceman on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I finally got the order placed for 6 shirts. It will be about two weeks before they ship.

There are two shirts not spoken for yet, so if you are interested in one, PM or email me.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

It took some time, but I finally got them to get their sewout design to look more like the original image that I submitted. Now they can make up the shirts. I should have them within a week.

If anyone is interested in one of these shirts, let me know.

Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Got the shirts in today and they look great.

I have one L and one XL still available. They are $25 each (includes shipping), payable via PayPal.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

There's only one left, a large.
Randy Lisano

Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

That sure looks great and is very tempting. Unfortunately when ever I'm at a race I have a Scout Leaders uniform on.

One there should be one additional feature on this shirt. A Bulls Eye on the back!!!!! :mrgreen:
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Well, the last of the shirts is gone.

If there is enough interest, once the season gets back going, I'll get another batch made up.
Randy Lisano