Derby Talk Shirts

Forum news and general announcements.
quadad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Derby Talk Shirts

Post by quadad »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:That sure looks great and is very tempting. Unfortunately when ever I'm at a race I have a Scout Leaders uniform on.
- same deal for me. That's why I would go for a T-shirt if they ever happenned. The only problem is that this reinforces the paranoia about how "into-it" I already am. A fair portion of the one-weekend-a-year (PWD) parents don't like others doing more than that.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I'm thinking about placing another order for the polo shirts, this time in blue.

Anyone interested?
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ohiofitter »

I like the price that's not to bad....it's about what you would pay in a store.....but have you checked out the prices on t-shirt...I would think you might get more orders if you sold them...I'm just not a polo shirt wearing kinda guy
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Maybe what I should do is let people pick what polo shirt, t-shirt, hat, or jacket they want. Basically, I will place the order and have it shipped directly to the person ordering.

Ordering individually will not give as nice a price as ordering in bulk, but then I don't have to front the cash to stock these and possibly end up with too much on hand. Though, it gives you a wider selection of what to put the Derby Talk logo on. The setup fee for the embroidered logo has already been taken care of.

Here's the checkered racing polo shirt:
http://www.logosoftwear.com/product/4763

Here's other racing wear:
http://www.logosportswear.com/customracingapparel.php

You can also pick from regular t-shirts and anything else they carry and can embroider.

Just let me know:
1. Item# for shirt, hat, or whatever
2. Quantity
3. Size(s)
4. Delivery address

I'll let you know the final price and get your approval before the order is actually placed.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Oh, I do plan on ordering some of the blue polo shirts no matter what. My two boys help out at the races and each wants a shirt. If anyone wants a blue polo, let me know by Nov 15. The price will likely be $31.95 plus shipping. If I get enough interest for 10 more shirts, then the price will be $25.56 plus shipping.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Since I started an order and had not yet placed it, they are offering 20% off the order. So, that would make it $25.56 plus shipping per shirt.

If anyone wants a royal blue polo shirt, let me know right away. I'll be placing the order soon.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I got the order of polo shirts in today. I ordered an extra. If anyone wants a blue polo in a Large size, it will be $30, which includes shipping to you. That is slightly below cost. Send me a PM or email, if you are interested.

BTW - I think these look a bit better in the blue than the black. I got one in orange for my older son (shhh...Christmas present), since he likes that color. However, the design doesn't really show up that well on that color. I got my younger son one in blue (again, shhh...). Now when we do a race, we will really look like a race crew.
Randy Lisano