Advertising on Derby Talk

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Advertising on Derby Talk

Post by gpraceman »

Unfortunately, there have been Derby Talk members that have gotten themselves banned for violating this board's rules for advertising, despite repeated warnings. Some have even gone as far as rejoining the forum under different names in order to continue their advertising attempts.

It may sound strange to restrict advertising, since I am a derby merchant myself, but I feel that advertising is out of hand on the Internet. I hate getting baraged by ads as I surf, especially when they slow down the loading of a web page. It is not that there is to be no advertising on Derby Talk, but there is a place set aside for it. Those members that do not wish to see the ads can easily skip them. Those that are interested in products and services are welcome to check them out.

For anyone that is selling or promoting products and/or services, please review the rules on advertising, http://derbytalk.com/faq.php before posting.

Members that cannot comply with these rules do not need to participate in Derby Talk. Fortunately, the vast majority of members have not been a problem.

Thanks,

Randy
Site Admin
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.