Server Problem 4/3 - 4/4/09

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server Problem 4/3 - 4/4/09

Post by gpraceman »

In case anyone was wondering, this site and all of my others were down from around 4 pm MDT on 4/3/09 until just a little while ago.

The data center housing my server did a backup generator test and a UPS failed, causing a mini power failure. Well, this caused a problem with some of the servers and basically ended up with my server being rebuilt.

I'm rather ticked off about it, but fortunately, it didn't happen during peak derby season.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Server Problem 4/3 - 4/4/09

Post by ah8tk »

I was wondering if you had gone on vacation again, when nothing worked.

Good to see it is back up, I kept on checking.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Nope, I hadn't run off on vacation, like the last time there happened to be a server problem.

I'm still trying to get everything fully back up and running, but it doesn't look like any data was lost from any of my sites. That is fortunate; otherwise, I would be reloading from my backed up files, which are nearly a week old. After this experience, I will likely change to daily backups.

I guess things could have been far worse. Before I moved all of my sites to the one server, one of them was taken down for 3 days due to a hurricane hitting Florida.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

DeMANDING A REFUND

Post by pack529holycross »

I for one am appalled that your site experienced any down time. I seem to recall in the terms and conditions that you gauranteed 100% uptime. I believe that I want my $5,000 yearly membership fee back, as well as a desire to reverse my $2,000 application fee. I cannot believe for all the money we spend for your wisdom on this board, you would abandon us like that. Humbug to you~

:mrgreen:
azgreg
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by azgreg »

I was going through Derby Talk withdrawls!!! :cry: