Members with Yahoo Email Accounts

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Members with Yahoo Email Accounts

Post by gpraceman »

Members with Yahoo accounts may have noticed that they are not getting emails from this site lately. Unfortunately, Yahoo is blocking emails from this server. I have submitted a request for them to unblock the server, but I do not know how long that process will take.

If you are using a Yahoo email address for your Derby Talk account, you can go to your profile and enter a different email address, if you wish.

This issue doesn't affect newer members, since the site no longer lets people register with email addresses from free email providers. That is due to the amount of spam membership requests that I was receiving from such accounts.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Members with Yahoo Email Accounts

Post by gpraceman »

Well, so far Yahoo has not responded. I resent the unblock request. If they don't respond back within a few days, I'll try to dig up a phone number and talk to a human about this issue.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Good luck. My previous employer sent a lot of opt-in bulk email, and dealing with the blacklists was a huge hassle. Unfortunately, it's just easier for some people to click the "spam" button, than to unsubscribe properly.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Well, it took some time jumping through Yahoo's hoops, but emails are starting to go through again. :whew:
Randy Lisano