New Site - Now Online

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Site - Now Online

Post by gpraceman »

Well, I've got the site upgraded finally.

I'm not sure yet if everything is working right, so I'll need feedback from all of you if you find something isn't working.

There's lots of new features and things are not laid out all the same as the old board, so it will take some getting used to by all of us. I do recommend that you go to your profile and check through the various links to make sure things are set as you'd like.

Also, there are some features of the old board that have not been migrated to the new board (advanced stats, Encyclopedia, and the links page). I didn't want to hold up the migration for these. That and I couldn't find modules in this new version of the software that replicated that functionality. I'll have to look at those when I have time.

Again, let me know if you run into any problems. Also, give me some feedback on the new board.

God Bless,

Randy
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: New Site - Now Online

Post by Darin McGrew »

A couple things I noticed...

http://derbytalk.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=p ... e=personal
The only option for "My language" is British English.

http://derbytalk.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=164
The "Preview Rank Themes" link to
http://derbytalk.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=ranks
returns
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/etech_blue/template/memberlist_ranks.html does not exist or is empty
And it appears that BBCode is off, and I can't figure out how to turn it on.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

And even though I've got "Attach my signature by default" enabled, my signature does not seem to be appended to my posts.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Darin McGrew wrote:The only option for "My language" is British English.
Not sure why it is labeled "British", but English is the only language pack that is installed. This is the default language pack the software came with.
Darin McGrew wrote:http://derbytalk.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=164
The "Preview Rank Themes" link to
http://derbytalk.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=ranks
returns
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/etech_blue/template/memberlist_ranks.html does not exist or is empty
That has been fixed.
Darin McGrew wrote:And it appears that BBCode is off, and I can't figure out how to turn it on.
Looking at your permissions, it looks like you can use BBCode and Smilies. I edited your post and found that the "Disable BBCode" and "Disable smilies" boxes were checked.
Darin McGrew wrote:And even though I've got "Attach my signature by default" enabled, my signature does not seem to be appended to my posts.
:scratching: Everything looks fine in your profile. I'll have to dig some on that.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

It looks like the signature and BBCode issues are related to group permissions. These can be set on a per forum basis. I went through all of the forums and make sure they have the appropriate permissions set.
Randy Lisano

Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

What happened to the Statistics page? I always started with that page to see what was new without having to check every forum.

Other than that it looks great!!!!
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by psycaz »

I'm getting a message:
The location you entered is too short.

when I try to reset my password.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. Their is no location field there. I have tried filling everything else in. No luck
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:What happened to the Statistics page?
See my OP. ;)
psycaz wrote:I'm getting a message:

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. Their is no location field there. I have tried filling everything else in. No luck
I'll check it out.
Randy Lisano

OneHour
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by OneHour »

Randy, it looks great ... and bright. I almost had to put on some shades! Thanks for all that you do!
batstar70
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by batstar70 »

Randy, Site looks great. Nice upgrade. Very bright and inviting. batstar70
batstar70
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by batstar70 »

Randy, One thing I did notice was the "spell check" feature was missing at the bottom when you use the "post a reply".It used to be down by the other boxes-preview, submit, save, cancel are. I use it a lot just to check myself. batstar70
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

batstar70 wrote:Randy, One thing I did notice was the "spell check" feature was missing at the bottom when you use the "post a reply".It used to be down by the other boxes-preview, submit, save, cancel are. I use it a lot just to check myself. batstar70
There still is a spell check feature. The button is just in a different location. Look above the posting box, instead of below it.
Randy Lisano

Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

gpraceman wrote:
Pinewood Daddy wrote:What happened to the Statistics page?
See my OP. ;)
:? :? :?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Pinewood Daddy wrote: :? :? :?
gpraceman wrote:Also, there are some features of the old board that have not been migrated to the new board (advanced stats, Encyclopedia, and the links page). I didn't want to hold up the migration for these. That and I couldn't find modules in this new version of the software that replicated that functionality. I'll have to look at those when I have time.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

psycaz wrote:I'm getting a message:

This is fixed now.
Randy Lisano