New Site - Now Online

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Site - Now Online

Post by gpraceman »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:What happened to the Statistics page? I always started with that page to see what was new without having to check every forum.
Also, there is a View new posts link near the top of the forum that you can use to see new posts.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

gpraceman wrote:
Pinewood Daddy wrote:What happened to the Statistics page? I always started with that page to see what was new without having to check every forum.
Also, there is a View new posts link near the top of the forum that you can use to see new posts.
I like numbers! :mrgreen: I miss all the stats. I'll get over it.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

I can't find "email" except for an empty display area in account update. Did it go away? Or am I going blind? Did it go away intentionally? No need to remove it, since it is 'opt in' anyway, and some (I, for example) much prefer email over PM.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:I can't find "email" except for an empty display area in account update. Did it go away? Or am I going blind? Did it go away intentionally? No need to remove it, since it is 'opt in' anyway, and some (I, for example) much prefer email over PM.
It looks like the new software defaulted to having that disabled. That has been enabled.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

gpraceman wrote:
Stan Pope wrote:I can't find "email" except for an empty display area in account update. Did it go away? Or am I going blind? Did it go away intentionally? No need to remove it, since it is 'opt in' anyway, and some (I, for example) much prefer email over PM.
It looks like the new software defaulted to having that disabled. That has been enabled.
Wow!!! That was quick! Thank you!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

BTW, I like the new forum. Good job with the transition!
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Randy and Son »

Yeah, I used to like to do that as well. But I can use the 'View Active Posts' too.

Randy
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Darin McGrew wrote:The only option for "My language" is British English.
I changed it to simply say "English".
batstar70 wrote:Randy, One thing I did notice was the "spell check" feature was missing at the bottom when you use the "post a reply".It used to be down by the other boxes-preview, submit, save, cancel are. I use it a lot just to check myself. batstar70
I moved this down to where the other buttons are (Preview, Submit, Save, and Cancel). It seems better placed there instead of where the install instructions had indicated that it should go.

BTW - I love the ability to easily quote more than one post with this new forum software.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

Umm... the spellcheck... It use to be quite good at guessing what words I actually was meaning to spell... now the only alternative for many typos/spellos seem to be looking up the word someplace else... is this a bug or does the new dictionary need filled up with more words or something? Or has my speeling just gotten worse lately?
..._/""\__........~_o__............../""""\__.....~_o\__...........//[3].[4].[1].[2]\\.......MASTER
_"O----O-"____"O""-O"~_____"-O----O"___-O----O"____[]____________[]___PINEHEAD
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Rod Turnbull wrote:Umm... the spellcheck... It use to be quite good at guessing what words I actually was meaning to spell... now the only alternative for many typos/spellos seem to be looking up the word someplace else... is this a bug or does the new dictionary need filled up with more words or something? Or has my speeling just gotten worse lately?
Can you give some examples?
Randy Lisano

Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

alternit, accidint, customise, desided, inply...

I was just wondering if this was a new dictionary file the system is using... and I'm not sure if the old one would have gotten these... I just noticed a difference... it could just be me.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Rod Turnbull wrote:alternit, accidint, customise, desided, inply...

I was just wondering if this was a new dictionary file the system is using... and I'm not sure if the old one would have gotten these... I just noticed a difference... it could just be me.
I see what you mean. The old board and the new board have the same word list, but the old board does pickup on those words and gives recommendations. The new board has a newer version of the spell checker, so there is something going on with the new code.
Randy Lisano

Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

I'll let you fight with that then... I do have to say I like the new board better and it has even fixed the log in issues I was having with the old board... kudos.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Rod Turnbull wrote:I'll let you fight with that then...
This is fixed now. For your examples, the new board and the old board show the exact same suggestions. Neither one is able to suggest anything for "inply".

Thanks for spotting that issue.
Rod Turnbull wrote:I do have to say I like the new board better and it has even fixed the log in issues I was having with the old board... kudos.
I had a couple of people complain about login issues on the old board, so that is good to hear.
Randy Lisano

Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

Thanks, I have already noticed the difference in the spellcheck... I type in the dark a lot and only with a few fingers... most of my typos are only one key out and it's much easier to use the spellcheck than to edit this garble of mine ;)