Need help from Derby Talk users!

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Need help from Derby Talk users!

Post by gpraceman »

Somehow, emails from our server going to AT&T related accounts are being blocked. We need help from users with email accounts with the following domains:

att.net
ameritech.net
bellsouth.net
flash.net
nvbell.net
pacbell.net
prodigy.net
sbcglobal.net
snet.net
swbell.net
wans.net

Please fill out the form at http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request1.html to help us get unblocked.

The domain of our email server is "lisanoenterprises.fbyne.com"
The error message is "521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse"

I don't know what abuse they feel is going on. On this forum, members can choose to receive emails or not to. On my software site, which uses this server, people have to opt into our once a year newsletter announcing new software releases. They can opt out at any time. If there are any bounces, we remove them from our email list. This is my own sever (a virtual server, actually), so there are no abusive sites sharing it. So, I am rather puzzled by this.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help from Derby Talk users!

Post by gpraceman »

I managed to get our server unblocked by AT&T. I'm not sure why they had it blacklisted, so I have to cross my fingers that they will not do it again. The server is up to date with its software and firewalls and only my sites reside on it.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.