Change to New Member Activation

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Change to New Member Activation

Post by gpraceman »

I have had to change the new member account activation to be completed by the site administrator instead of by the member. We have had a couple of twisted individuals register for the board who have placed inappropriate comments in their user profile, under "interests". With some children visting the board, I felt it prudent to take this action. Sorry for any inconvience to new members trying to register for the board, but I believe that you can understand.

God Bless,

Site Admin
Last edited by gpraceman on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
TurtlePowered
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Change to New Member Activation

Post by TurtlePowered »

gpraceman wrote:I have had to change the new member account activation to be completed by the site administrator instead of by the member. We have had a couple of twisted individuals register for the board who have placed inappropriate comments in their user profile, under "interests". With some children visting the board, I felt it prudent to take this action. Sorry for any inconvience to new members trying to register for the board, but I believe that you can understand.

God Bless,

Site Admin
Thanks for taking steps to protect the younger members and guests + older people who are sensitive.
Guess some people have nothing better to do than act "funny".
Den_Leader
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Den_Leader »

As the father of a young man who reads this board... Thank you!

As usual, It only takes a few bad apples...

God Bless and have a great day.
Slow Car Disease? ~ The cure is in your hands!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I have just added a modification to the board to keep those requesting membership from being displayed on the member list until their request has been approved. This will keep the perverts and those trying to advertise their unrelated web sites from having their muck displayed until I can get in and delete them.