Site Upgrades Coming Soon - What would you like to see?

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Upgrades Coming Soon - What would you like to see?

Post by gpraceman »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:MaxV's "Pinewood Derby Times" had 2 issues that featured articles to compile a PWD glossary.
http://www.maximum-velocity.com/pinewoo ... imes-v5i2/
http://www.maximum-velocity.com/pinewoo ... imes-v5i5/
Thanks! I can glean a good list of terms from there.

I do have to be careful what keywords are used. It may become annoying to have a zillion links show up in someone's post, like with common terms such as "wheel" and "axle". I'll likely get a bit more specific, like "wheel bore" and "axle head".
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

It will take awhile to get the encyclopedia completed, but I'll plink away at it as I have a chance.

In the mean time I have added a modification to prevent users from "shouting" (using all capital letters) or using all lower case letters. Both ways of writing are harder to read than using appropriate capitalization.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

It was getting annoying (at least to me) for the encyclopedia keywords to be showing up in members posts, so a little while ago I disabled that portion of the encyclopedia modification.
Randy Lisano