Derby Talk is moving

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Derby Talk is moving

Post by gpraceman »

Our old server is at its end of life, so we have to move everything to a new sever. That process has already started. At some point here, I will have to take the site down to make the final switchover, so this is a heads up.

Hopefully, being on the new server will improve the performance of the site. I also hope that we will have less issues with DDoS attacks, which we have experienced recently that get the sites on our server down to a crawl.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Derby Talk is moving

Post by gpraceman »

The final part of the migration will, hopefully, be completed tonight. The site will indicate that it is down for maintenance during this migration. Once the site is restored, it will be up on the new server.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Well, it appears that the migration is complete.

If you find anything that is not working, please send me a PM.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Ugh! That was a painful move. Sorry for all of the downtime. I believe that the dust has now settled.

I did also upgrade this forum to the latest version. So, if you find anything that isn't working right, please let me know.
Randy Lisano

Scrollsawer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Scrollsawer »

Randy, it's a thankless job. I appreciate your efforts in maintaining this site for the Scouts, and for their over zealous, competitive parents! :mrgreen:

Thank you!!!

Regards,

Scrollsawer
"Laugh a while you can Monkey Boy."