Updated site

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updated site

Post by gpraceman »

The site has been updated to the latest version of the forum software. However, there will be some continuing tweaks to the forum to restore some of the features that the old forum had.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Updated site

Post by Vitamin K »

Surprise upgrades! Whoohoo!

I'll try and be patient while the dust settles. The new look is throwing me, at the moment.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

If you don't like the dark theme, you can change to the prosilver theme, which is a light template.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

gpraceman wrote:If you don't like the dark theme, you can change to the prosilver theme, which is a light template.
Ah, thanks. I like that quite a bit better.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Randy, I like the new change.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Well, the dust has pretty much settled. I was able to restore most of the functionality of the old site, but some minor features were lost (glossary and resizing large images). The new software is a redesign and I was not able to find such extensions for the new version. I may still do some minor tweaks to the site. I am also still looking at getting a new logo made up.

I have made a rules change to the forum. Since the lights remain on here at Derby Talk because of my GrandPrix Software Central business, I have decided to disallow advertising for competing software packages (freeware, shareware or commercial). My software is how I put bread on our table, so I don't think that unreasonable. Members are free to discuss other software, however, Derby Talk will no longer be an advertising outlet for other software.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I was able to find an extension to resize images. I have it currently set to resize images larger than 640px x 640px down to that size, keeping the proportions the same of course. Now, your browser won't blow up with too large of images.

Unfortunately, the one glossary extension that I found was not ready for prime time. Anyways, this is a nice to have feature, not a must have.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

There is one other change to the forum that I forgot to mention. Members can now use their free email providers (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc.). We will see how that goes. If I get inundated with spam, I will have to reconsider this issue.
Randy Lisano

Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Not only is that not unreasonable, it's very wise. From other Posts I've read, you are the only one that has some special things. Don't give anyone ideas. You're generous enough. You are quite a guy, Randy. You are going to go down in Cub Scout Pinewood Derby History. My Hats off to you. Keep up the good Work.
Best
Bill (Speedster)