Forum Registration - Location

Forum news and general announcements.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Registration - Location

Post by gpraceman »

I'm getting rather annoyed at people that cannot seem to read. When registering, the form asks for your location (City and State). Too often, people give one or the other or some vague response (like USA). I actually use that info to try to weed out spam registrations. From this point on, if you cannot provide ALL of the info that is requested, then your account will not be activated.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Forum Registration - Location

Post by Vitamin K »

But will people registering actually see this warning?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Vitamin K wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:23 pm But will people registering actually see this warning?
Yes, the registration form now reads "City and State (registrations without both will be rejected)".
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

This issue is rather tiresome. If you want your new Derby Talk account activated, please provide a location that includes City and State on the request form. One or the other, or just a zip code, or just a country will not cut it. I see several spam membership requests PER DAY. I am really not going to spend the time to track down people to see if they are for real or are just spammers or bots. I will automatically assume you are a spammer if you cannot follow the instructions and don't provide the requested information.
Randy Lisano

Zebracar
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Zebracar »

When I registered, it asked for city and region or something of the like. I had to assume it wanted my state.