One lane Track w/ multiple timers

General track discussions.
PWD-Tex
Journeyman
Journeyman

One lane Track w/ multiple timers

Post by PWD-Tex »

I recall seeing a setup that had multiple timers spaced down the length of a track. I've searched for it over the last two days and have had no luck in finding the webpage. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link?

I know where to find the electronic hardware to make the setup, but just wanted to read over any do's and don'ts the webpage offered.

Thanks for helping.
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: One lane Track w/ multiple timers

Post by Cory »

PWD-Tex wrote:I recall seeing a setup that had multiple timers spaced down the length of a track. I've searched for it over the last two days and have had no luck in finding the webpage. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link?
PWD-Tex, way back in the 90s when I posted the experiments, I mentioned this as an idea if I ever did any more testing. I don't recall seeing it implemented by anyone, though.
WarpSpeedINC
Merchant
Merchant

Post by WarpSpeedINC »

Our set-up has 8 timing sensors down the lenght of the track (42ft best Track). Unfortunatly, when we have had time to test (run the cars a couple of times to make sure they can finish!), it has been only with the standard set-up. I have not had a chance to collect any data with all the sensors in place. Hope to have some data once the season slows down.

Warp Speed
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing!
pinecarpro
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pinecarpro »

How funny, I am working on the same thing! :lol:
ExtremePWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ExtremePWD »

When we built our test track at home about four years ago, besides the finish line sensor, I put one about a foot after the starting gate and one at the bottom of the slope so we could measure the "holeshot", the "acceleration" and the "coast" phases. I also installed a fast acting gate to eliminate the gate influence on the "holeshot" measurements.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

ExtremePWD wrote:When we built our test track at home
Aha! Bill is another worthy contender for the "Down and Derby Look-alike" award! :)
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
ExtremePWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ExtremePWD »

I resemble that remark! I haven't seen the movie yet but our pack will be showing it in a couple of weeks. I'm sure there will be some similarities. I'm sure my wife will help point them out.