Go the distance track

Commercial tracks.
hwsjr
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Go the distance track

Post by hwsjr »

I'd like some way to test my cars and I can't see buying a full-fledged track. Has anyone bought one of those "Go The Distance" tracks on e-bay? If so, are they beneficial at all in testing cars?
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Go the distance track

Post by Cory »

hwsjr wrote:I'd like some way to test my cars and I can't see buying a full-fledged track. Has anyone bought one of those "Go The Distance" tracks on e-bay? If so, are they beneficial at all in testing cars?
Nothing against S&W Crafts, but for not much more than the $35+Shipping they are charging from their web site, you could "roll-your-own" 24', 2-lane track out of Masonite. This is what I did years ago for the experiments, and I was able to get pretty consistent data.

Plus, kinda hard to evaluate a rail-rider on a GTD track with no center guide.
Ricerocket00
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Go the distance track

Post by Ricerocket00 »

I know it is a good bit more than the GTD track, but Best Track has a smaller version of their track. TEST TRACK. Their 120 (1 lane, 20 feet) is $159 including shipping. They also have a full fledged 135 (1 lane 35 feet) for $289 including shipping. I agree with Cory. I had a GTD track a while back. Didn't get much more than a play night with the kids. Almost like an oversized Hot Wheels track.