Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Contacting Piantedosi

Post by gpraceman »

You can also get the semi-trucks from Indy Products for $10.50 each

http://www.indyproducts.com/cgi-local/S ... 1176958599
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Bulldog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Bulldog »

Great! I love knowing that I can get kits from multiple sources. It makes selling the idea to the pack committee that much easier.

Also, I heard back from Gary Piantedosi. They offer 12" track extensions at a relatively low cost (about $10 per lane), with no drilling of the original track required! :bigups:

Now if I can convince the pack committee to go along with this idea, does anyone happen to have a sample set of rules to get me started? :)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Bulldog wrote:They offer 12" track extensions at a relatively low cost (about $10 per lane), with no drilling of the original track required!
I wonder how it attaches to the track then.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Bulldog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Bulldog »

gpraceman wrote:
Bulldog wrote:They offer 12" track extensions at a relatively low cost (about $10 per lane), with no drilling of the original track required!
I wonder how it attaches to the track then.
This is what he sent me:
the binding plate that secures the leading edge of the track will come off and the extension will attach through those holes already drilled in the track. My suggestion is that you store and set up the track with the binding plate in place and attach & remove this extension when everything is set up.
Now I have not been involved with the track setup, so I am not familiar with what he is talking about, I'm just taking his word for it.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Bulldog wrote:This is what he sent me:
the binding plate that secures the leading edge of the track will come off and the extension will attach through those holes already drilled in the track. My suggestion is that you store and set up the track with the binding plate in place and attach & remove this extension when everything is set up.
I see. There is a plate at the very end of the first section that holds each lane segment together. He's talking about removing this plate to add the extension. When storing the track, you would remove the extension and reattach the plate.
Randy Lisano