Track alinement problem

Commercial tracks.
ed
Journeyman
Journeyman

Track alinement problem

Post by ed »

I am having a problem with our new 40' freedom track.
Lane 1 is very smooth at all the section connections.
Lanes 2 & 3 each have a section mating problem where the
next section is slightly higher than the last section making a bump.
All sections appear to be level and well aligned.
I don't mind starting again.
Anyone have any assemble tips or suggestions ?
Thank you
Ed
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Track alinement problem

Post by Stan Pope »

At risk of belaboring the obvious ...
1. recheck the assembly instructions, AND
2. ask for help from the manufacturer before altering any of the parts!

The manufacturere will probably want to know "how big the bump is." (I would like to know, too!) If the "bump" were 1/16 inch, then you clearly have a problem, and the cause needs to be identified and corrected. If the "bump" were 0.001 inch then it will take a lot more work to get the manufacturer moving.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD »

Is this a new track? I am surprised you are having a problem with the pieces fitting together. I have help put together a few of the Freedom tracks and they have fit together almost perfectly. This has been right out of the box. I would definitely contact Gary at Pianadosi and find out what is the deal. Maybe there was a problem in the manufacturing of your specific track.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

The only time that I have seen a bump issue on the Piantedosi tracks is when the screws for joining the sections are not tightened down. If that is not the case, then as others have suggested, a call to Gary would be the next thing to do.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Packdude
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Packdude »

I had a slight issue with my freedom track, but after contacting Gary, he suggested making sure lane centers were the correct distance apart and that helped tremendously. Not sure why we didn't think of that. Also, are you trying to assemble the track by yourself? I had a friend help me and we still had to be careful. I couldn't imagine doing it by myself. A good carpenter's square helps too.
Also, search the forums for other posts on the Freedom tracks. You might find something in a previous thread that will help you with the problem you are having. Good luck!