Which Aluminum Track

Commercial tracks.
BestTrack
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Which Aluminum Track

Post by BestTrack »

Though, I do think that trying to assemble the track upside down and flip it over can be a pain. You need more than one person and I'm not a fan of the spring clips, which can pop off when flipping the track over. I do wish they would come up with a more secure way to keep the sections joined and to do it with the sections right side up.
I would like to clarify the point that after the initial assembly, you do not have to assemble the BestTrack upside down, and then flip it over as a unit. In fact, a tip in our assembly manual suggests sliding the sections together right side up, and lifting up a joint with one hand while placing the spring clip on with the other. This is a much easier and quicker method.

We stand behind using our unique spring clip design. We have had wonderful response from our customers with this design. Spring clips are much quicker to use than screws, and if someone were to kick the side of the track, the spring clips will "give" and then pull the joint back tight.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

BestTrack wrote:... and if someone were to kick the side of the track, the spring clips will "give" and then pull the joint back tight.
That sounds like "a Big Daddy Rabbit" spring clip!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
DerbyStanger
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by DerbyStanger »

Think Ill go with Piantedosi...mainly due to the curve "mimicking" the wood curve on our track and ease of storage.

I already have the GRAND Prix software and an Affordable Pinewood Timer, but I may sell the track and timer and get the Wizard timer.

Anyone know someone that wants a 4-lane track for under $200?

Thanks
RC
Will create a good sig when I feel Like it :lol: