Track leveling

Commercial tracks.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Track leveling

Post by gpraceman »

Not trying to steal BestTrack's thunder, but I do see that they are now offering a track leveling kit. That is good to see, as many floors are not very level. :thumbup:

Anyone try these out yet?

I know that such an idea had also been proposed to Micro Wizard for their tracks. Maybe they will be coming out with a system of their own. Though, that track wouldn't be as easy to level since you'd also need leveling plates for the middle of each section.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
RMoose
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Track leveling

Post by RMoose »

There's a man who brings an aluminum track to the NC state RA race every year which he builds and sells that has leveling screws along the length of the flat sections - lots more than just at the corners like pictured for the BestTrack. During setup they go down the length of the track with a level and adjust it as needed.

It's a very nice, smooth running track and I have never seen a car come off it. Don't know if that's due to the leveling system he has developed, but I imagine it can't hurt on an unlevel floor.
We are Ambassadors for Christ
Grubartez
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Track leveling

Post by Grubartez »

I made my own levelers that are placed at every joint and also midway of each section. The floor were I have the track set up is very unlevel but with this system the track is perfect.