Finishing a track

Commercial tracks.
10range
Pine Head
Pine Head

Finishing a track

Post by 10range »

Last year we purchased a BestTrack for our Awana program. When we received the track, I only had time to touch up some of the worst joints on the track. This helped some but there was still a .05+ second difference between a couple of lanes. This year I will have time before the race to do as much work as is needed. My question on finishing the track is how the best way to do it would be. From those who have done it, is it best to feather the edges so there is a bit of taper on the leading edges or will the track go back together with enough precision that you can make them a perfect match? Just looking for advice before I start the project.
BestTrack
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Finishing a track

Post by BestTrack »

You should not need to taper the leading edges of the lanes. If you are having a problem with any of the joints on your track, please give us a call so we can determine the cause of the problem.

Steve
BestTrack Pinewood Derby Tracks
888-582-2299
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pack529holycross »

BestTrack wrote:You should not need to taper the leading edges of the lanes. If you are having a problem with any of the joints on your track, please give us a call so we can determine the cause of the problem.

Steve
BestTrack Pinewood Derby Tracks
888-582-2299
Steve, i will tell you that we experienced the same thing last year, whch was our first year with your product. we are very happy with our choice, but i will document in detail tomorrow during our practice day anything that seems out of sorts with the lanes that, in our opinion, had issues last year

nicholas
10range
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by 10range »

Thanks for responding. I will be setting up the track early next week so I will give you a better description of how it goes together this time. The biggest problem I noticed was with the joints at the center rail but again, I will update you next week.