Track rental question

General track discussions.
PeteA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Track rental question

Post by PeteA »

My son's troop/pack now has two tracks that we use as rentals for local area races. We have been doing this with the 2 lane track (option2 below) for years with great success. This is the first year we are going to be doing option1. This one makes me a bit nervous as the track is getting older and I am the fixit it guy for the troop.

What do you thinking of the option, pricing, and any other thougths. Proceeds help fund summer camp for the scouts that work the events

Rental Packages:
option1
Two Lane Track Basic Package $40 plus $100 damage deposit
This basic package contains the two lane track and technical support before the race. The renter is responsible for delivery and return of track, running the race, and any damage to the track. The two lane track is designed for fifteen racers or less.

opiton2
Two Lane Track Race Package $75
This package contains the two lane track, Scouts to run the race with a computer and projector, and technical support. We will arrive with the track, setup and take down the track, run the race as you request, project the race results for all to view, and provide technical support. The two lane track is designed for fifteen racers or less.

option3
Four Lane Track Race Package $85
This package contains the four lane track, Scouts to run the race with a computer and projector, and technical support. We will arrive with the track, setup and take down the track, run the race as you request, project the race results for all to view, and provide technical support. The four lane track is designed for fifteen racers or more. For less than fifteen racers, this track will allow cars to race many more times. * Greater than 30 racers additional charges may apply

video may be seen here
http://www.boisetroop33.org/BT33/pinewood.cfm" target="_blank
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Track rental question

Post by Stan Pope »

It makes me nervous, too.

I've tried to extract a screw from a Piantedosi that somebody put in with a power driver ... without getting the threads right at the beginning. He appears to have cut himself a brand new set of threads in the T-Nut! Man, those screws are tough! Track is currently stored with one connector panel half on and half off a section of track.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

:offtopic:
Stan Pope wrote:I've tried to extract a screw from a Piantedosi that somebody put in with a power driver ...
This happened to us. We eventually got it loose alternating between penetrating lube and knocking on the T-nut with a hammer. Obviously we replaced them once apart.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

FatSebastian wrote::offtopic:
Stan Pope wrote:I've tried to extract a screw from a Piantedosi that somebody put in with a power driver ...
This happened to us. We eventually got it loose alternating between penetrating lube and knocking on the T-nut with a hammer. Obviously we replaced them once apart.
Too late ... the hex head already stripped out.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"