How many lanes should I get?

General track discussions.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How many lanes should I get?

Post by gpraceman »

pack529holycross wrote:has there been any movement in the development of a touchscreen GUI for tablets, my friend?
Too much to do and too little time in the day...
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
SirStorm
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by SirStorm »

I would like to put in my vote for 6 lanes. As a Cub and later a Pathfinder (ages 10-16) I always enjoyed more trips down the track. In those days we did double elimination, no timers just judges.

Now as an adult, I still believe the kids get more enjoyment seeing their car race more times. I understand the slow cars are slow. I also see the slow car owners are still having fun, more often than not.

Anyone complaining about the length of the race misses the point. Its all about the kids! If you are excited, they stay excited.

As "perceived value" I feel 6 times down the track is a much better value than 4 times. We charge $7 per car to race.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

SirStorm wrote:I would like to put in my vote for 6 lanes. As a Cub and later a Pathfinder (ages 10-16) I always enjoyed more trips down the track. In those days we did double elimination, no timers just judges.

Now as an adult, I still believe the kids get more enjoyment seeing their car race more times. I understand the slow cars are slow. I also see the slow car owners are still having fun, more often than not.

Anyone complaining about the length of the race misses the point. Its all about the kids! If you are excited, they stay excited.

As "perceived value" I feel 6 times down the track is a much better value than 4 times. We charge $7 per car to race.
I agree with your reasons, but your reasons don't support the thesis!

On a four lane track each racer can race once per lane or twice per lane or ... and end up with a total of 4 or 8 or 12, ... heats! On a six lane track a similar procedure produces 6 or 12 or ... heats.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
SirStorm
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by SirStorm »

Hmmmmm, AHhhhhhh!

I see what your getting at.

Well, I'm going to have to kick that around with the staff and see what they think.