Best Track Storage Box

Commercial tracks.
peter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Best Track Storage Box

Post by peter »

SirStorm -

Looking forward to seeing your picture of the storage case you built!

thanks
pete
Derby Gurus
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Derby Gurus »

A few years ago we upgraded to the 49-foot six-lane. I worked with the Webelos to build two sturdy, stackable boxes with heavy casters. It holds not only the track, but all the extra stuff, like tools and the plastic bins and stuff for the check-in. Plenty of extra room.

BUT, instead of storing the track flat, we store each length of track on its side, separated by wood spaces. Also a place for the curve and stop section. Sort of like a CD rack on its back. That way, they don't touch and can't scratch, bend or otherwise get damaged. Has worked like a charm!

Chris
Rukkian
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rukkian »

I know this is a from last season, but since we will probably be ordering a 6 lane 42' best track in the next few weeks, I am interested to see pictures of the storage box that the panels stand up in. It seems like it would be easier to get the sections in and out, and possibly provide better storage. We have a cabinet maker in the troop that could probably make something very nice, but I would like to see some pictures of it to go from.