Besttrack storage box build.

Commercial tracks.
Loder66
Journeyman
Journeyman

Besttrack storage box build.

Post by Loder66 »

Hope everyone is doing well in the off season. I finally got around to building a storage box for my 42' two lane Besttrack. I used the plans from the Besttrack website and only made some minor modifications. I used 1/2 inch plywood and added some 1x2 pieces on the base for added support when attaching the sides. I also added half an inch to the height of the box so that I could store the finish line without having to take off the timer. I finished building the box and then found it to be quite heavy so I took it back apart and painted it and then took it upstairs to put it back together where it will be stored. I probably went overboard on the padding but with a two lane track there was plenty of room.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63735915@ ... 7751796305
Loder
Plano, TX
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Besttrack storage box build.

Post by birddog »

Very nice!

I built the same box for my 1 lane track. In hind site, I wish I would have made it smaller. With a 1 lane track I have tons of extra room.

Painting was a nice touch too. I didn't do that with mine.

I did line mine with some left over carpet, so the insides are nice and padded.

birddog
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Is this for your personal use or do you intend to haul it around? I built a similar box and used cheap underlayment but it is still heavy to haul around. I've installed wheels on the box so one person can handle the track no matter where the races will be held. I have a trailer from Tractor Supply that has a fold down ramp so loading and unloading of the track is easy. Sometimes things happen so I've tried to set things up so one person could run the race if it became necessary. Fortunately that has never happened yet.
Loder66
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Loder66 »

This one also has a lot of room but I wanted the extra room so that I could leave the timer attached and the starting gate fully assembled. I painted it as part of the deal that it could be kept indoors and be part of the decor in the man cave upstairs. It is for personal use and when the track is set up it is done upstairs. If I ever move it, it would actually be easy to move but it would take at least two people and I would have to rent a trailer. I do not have any plans to take it anywhere although I think it would be cool to get some type of adult derby races started in the Plano / Dallas area as there has to be some dads that would like to work on their building skills in the off season.
Loder
Plano, TX