Time to assemble a 4 Lane Best track

Commercial tracks.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Time to assemble a 4 Lane Best track

Post by Speedster »

Our Pack is buying a new 4 Lane Best track. Holes for the timer will be punched by Best track. I'm wondering how much time it will take to assemble it for the 1st time. If you have done this, how many people were involved in the assembly. How many people would you suggest help with the assembly.
Thanks for your help.
Speedster
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Time to assemble a 4 Lane Best track

Post by Vitamin K »

Surprised that there are no replies here. Surely some of the DTers have Best Tracks and can chime in?
race#67
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by race#67 »

The first time is where all the work is. The key to "how many" people is not many for the first assembly. Few people really know how to assemble things correctly these days. Even fewer want to take the time to do it right. I spent the better part of two weekends assembling mine by myself and assisted on the second weekend by only my brother who is a machinest by trade and more of a perfectionist than me. We followed this guide to get smooth transitions between the lanes.
http://waynesthisandthat.com/how%20to%2 ... track.html
You will need to adjust lanes as he describes by bending at times. We did blend the lanes with 600 grit, then 1000, then 000 steel wool and then a final polish of the track. It ran beautifully from getting the initial assembly right. The nice ting is you can do the section to section assembly one at a time at home if needed in limited space.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

Thank you for the information. I'll keep the helpers to a minimum.