Grand Prix Race Manager and export to text

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
pinecarfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Grand Prix Race Manager and export to text

Post by pinecarfan »

Our group has succesfully run GPRM 3.01 (with The Judge timer) for a couple of years, and held this year's PC Derby yesterday.

When exporting the Result Report to text (for purposes of manipulating the data in Ecxel), GPRM exports all the times with zero in front of the decimal point - for example, a time of 3.45678 sec. exports into a useless 0.45678.

Has anyone come across, and solved, this problem?

Regards,
pinecarfan
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grand Prix Race Manager and export to text

Post by gpraceman »

pinecarfan wrote:Our group has succesfully run GPRM 3.01 (with The Judge timer) for a couple of years, and held this year's PC Derby yesterday.

When exporting the Result Report to text (for purposes of manipulating the data in Ecxel), GPRM exports all the times with zero in front of the decimal point - for example, a time of 3.45678 sec. exports into a useless 0.45678.

Has anyone come across, and solved, this problem?

Regards,
pinecarfan
That is a bit suprising. If you are running Version 3.0.1, then I would recommend that you download the last update for V3, which is Version 3.0.10. You can download this from our file archive at http://grandprix-software-central.com/g ... rchive.htm. If you are still having a problem with the export after that, then please let me know.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pinecarfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pinecarfan »

Randy,

Correction: I am running v. 3.0.10, and yes, it still cuts off the whole second, in front of the decimal point, when exporting to .txt.

I tried it several times already and it does this consistently.

Thank you,
pinecarfan
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pinecarfan wrote:Randy,

Correction: I am running v. 3.0.10, and yes, it still cuts off the whole second, in front of the decimal point, when exporting to .txt.

I tried it several times already and it does this consistently.

Thank you,
pinecarfan
I assume that this is happening with the export from the reports screen. I would suggest that you try using the "Export Data" feature from the main screen's Options menu.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Buckeye
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Buckeye »

I spent time yesterday exporting the data from our derby on Saturday and had no issues with version 4. I did it from the options menu as Randy suggested. It's pretty slick what Excell can do with the data using the sort and subtotal features. You can have it about anyway you would like.
pinecarfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pinecarfan »

That does exactly what I want it to - and straight into Excel, without having to go around .txt.

Thanks!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

The problem from the report export relates to the characters per inch that you would have selected when it prompted you. Since you may have gone with the default, it is chopping off characters. The correction would be to take the following text, copy and paste it into a text file, change the name of the text file to something with a .reg extension and then double-click on the reg file to update your Window's registry. If you have problems with that, I can email you the file. I will change the GPRM install program so it will set the correct registry entries.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Export\TextExport]
"PromptAgain"=dword:00000000
"UseSysDefaultCPI"=dword:00000000
"CharPerInch"=dword:00000010
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

pinecarfan wrote:That does exactly what I want it to - and straight into Excel, without having to go around .txt.

Thanks!
Glad to hear it. In V5, I am looking to add an export to CSV for the reports. From the main screen, you are only getting the raw data for the awards, heat results, rosters and schedules. The reports processes/summarizes and formats the raw data and you can tailor the report criteria (group, subgroup and round) .
Randy Lisano