Display race times

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
gmgordon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Display race times

Post by gmgordon »

Hello:

We're going to use RaceManager this weekend with our home built parallel sensor system and I would like to know if there is a way to display the race times individually as the cars finish. I've experimented with the system and saw that all the times are displayed after the last car has crossed the line.

We are going to run our race this weekend and it should be quite an experience for the kids as this is the first time that they will race for time or points. Every other year was eliminations. Not fun for the first cub to be eliminated.

Thanks......
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Display race times

Post by gpraceman »

gmgordon wrote:I would like to know if there is a way to display the race times individually as the cars finish. I've experimented with the system and saw that all the times are displayed after the last car has crossed the line.
The timing loop is very tight so as to be accurate to 0.0001 seconds. Any additional work by the software during that loop would only serve to reduce the timing accuracy. That is why you only see the results after all cars have finished.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gmgordon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Display race times

Post by gmgordon »

Thanks Randy, I understand. Will let you know how everthing went with our race. It will be the first time using a timer.

Thanks...