GPRM rocks!

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
DerbyAddict
Pine Head
Pine Head

GPRM rocks!

Post by DerbyAddict »

Randy,
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for your software. I am playing around with it more this year getting ready and I just created a 162 race schedule for 27 boys. Every boy races 24 times, 6 in each lane and all boys race each other at least 2 times. I have been trying to do this so many different ways and playing with all the different features I finally did it.

Thanks for a GREAT product.
Richard Sava
Cubmaster, Pack 241
Deltona, FL
Any day racing PWD is a good day but winning makes a better good day!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM rocks!

Post by gpraceman »

I'm glad that you like the software. :D

6 runs per lane. Now that is quite a bit of racing!
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

GPRM is a really terrific software... I also use it and it is really great...

We also tryed a 6 runs per lane on a 2 lane track with 14 cars , and believe me there were some people ready to go home...

After 84 heats of racing it started to get tiresome with 14 cars...

I take it you have a 4 lane track...

Do you know you are looking at about little less than 4 hours of racing if all runs smooth...

Thats not including registration, scale in and opening and closing ceremonies or awards...

Personnally, I would break it down to at least 3 runs per lane which would be a total of 12 runs per car which the race would be done well under 2 hours...

The reason for this way of thinking is so if someone is ready to go in 2 hours they can leave, like a parent with siblings :? and if you like use another hour after the race for like free time to race whom they please , in a controlled manner of course and just have fun...

Also if a kid is really getting beat every time and run do you really think they want to get beat for a total of 4 hours or will a parent stand for that...

4 hours of pure humiliation!!! :cry:

The parent :oops: :x
DerbyAddict
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by DerbyAddict »

Yes we have a four lane. Last year we did 18 races per boy with 27 boys on a 3 lane track. 162 heats. We did it in well under 3 hours. We had a 45 second turnaround time (pin drop to pin drop). It keeps the boys moving.
Even with a 1 minute turnaround your looking at just 3 hours for 30 boys (180 heats). And yes the boys stage their own cars.

10:30 - 4:00 from check in to breakdown and cleanup.

We let the parents know that it is an all day event. We provide lunch and activities for the little ones.

I may drop it to 18 races per boy but they built their cars to race and for most of our boys they don't have the chance to go to Districts so this their only chance.
Richard Sava
Cubmaster, Pack 241
Deltona, FL
Any day racing PWD is a good day but winning makes a better good day!
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

Yea, they built'em to race ... Let'em have a blast and enjoy theirselves...

Sounds like you have it well planned out ...

Enjoy the day...
ExtremePWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ExtremePWD »

Let them race as much as possible. We used to have a double elim and boys were dropping out after two races. I helped to make some changes and now we run 8 races each minimum. 2 runs per lane on a 4 lane track. We have around 90 boys racing spread over about 5 hours. My volunteers are starting to get tired after that. I'd keep going if it was up to me. We use the GPRM software also. Real happy with the product. We had lots of compliments this year on how smooth the whole program ran. (They didn't see the pregame problems, but we got them resolved just in time.)