Which Race Management packages allow adding racers?

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Which Race Management packages allow adding racers?

Post by Stan Pope »

Which Race Management packages, if any, allow adding racers to the competition after racing has started?

Do any?

(If none, then the "work around" is to leave some unnamed slots in the field. Some problems with that, like "How many?")
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which Race Management packages allow adding racers?

Post by gpraceman »

Stan Pope wrote:Which Race Management packages, if any, allow adding racers to the competition after racing has started?

Do any?
GPRM will. You can tack on heats at the end of a schedule for that racer(s) that were added, using the Manual Heats feature on the racing screen. This is only recommended if scoring by times, as the racer may not be competing against anyone else.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
rwalexander
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rwalexander »

gpraceman wrote:
Stan Pope wrote:Which Race Management packages, if any, allow adding racers to the competition after racing has started?

Do any?
GPRM will. You can tack on heats at the end of a schedule for that racer(s) that were added, using the Manual Heats feature on the racing screen. This is only recommended if scoring by times, as the racer may not be competing against anyone else.
This is what i am trying to understand. Last week i did a derby for a cub pack. I found out after we had run 3 races that one boy did not get entered into GPRM (the leaders did not have his name on the master list that I put into the computer the week before the race) I could not get his name in, so I re -did the race and re entered all the names of the pack (9 boys) while the parents waited. i wanted the boy to race with his friends. I found out later that this was the only time his family came to a pack meeting. When i do races i have the boys compete against the clock and not each other. I'm trying to understand this manual heat feature to prevent this from happening again. Any help would be appreciated.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

rwalexander wrote:I'm trying to understand this manual heat feature to prevent this from happening again. Any help would be appreciated.
Basically, the Manual Heats feature allows you to add heats to a schedule. For a missed racer, you do need to add them to the roster for the appropriate race group and reflect them as having passed inspection. With the Manual Heats feature there is an option to add a set of Lane Rotation for the selected racer(s). A set of heats would be added for them, rotating through each of the track lanes. Their results would then get tabulated along with the rest of the racers in that group. Again, this only works for times scoring. With points scoring, finish order is what matters, not time.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.