Sub-group finals

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Sub-group finals

Post by TAL »

I have volunteered to help a local pack with their derby and the leader of the pack has requested that we run all dens together in the same group in a average time race over 6 runs .

Estimated attendance will be 40 racers (group) divided between 5 dens (5 sub-groups).

The leader was excited about the mixture of age involvement and also about the 6 time average run. (The pack is not hightech and are still running eliminations with not even an electronic finish line) .

The pack leader also wants a little twist of Finals racing by taking the three fastest from each sub-group (den). That would be 15 racers for the finals.

What is the easiest and fastest way to get the 3 fastest from each sub-group into a scheduled finals race?
Also, will the sub-group results from the regular race still remain even after the 3 fastest from each sub-group have completed the finals round.
davem
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Sub-group finals

Post by davem »

TAL,

Are you using software for this race? If you use Grand Prix Race Manager, you can easily setup your subgroups, then create a "Grand Finals" Round and advance the top 3 cars from each subgroup.

The times / places from the subgroup heats are still stored, however the Grand Finals round starts from scratch I believe (i.e. does not use the previous times / places for the finals round).
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sub-group finals

Post by gpraceman »

Sorry for not responding sooner TAL. I know you are using GPRM, so here is how you would do that.

If you want to advance racers by subgroup, then you will need to start a new round for that group (e.g. Round 2). When you click on the New Round button, select to start a New Round (as opposed to a Grand Finals), select your race group, enter the number of finalists to advance, select that these finalists are from each subgroup (as opposed to from the overall).

A Grand Finals is only if you have multiple race groups and need to advance on the group level (not the subgorup level).
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.