GPRM - NonCompetitor

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

GPRM - NonCompetitor

Post by dna1990 »

I bet this is in the Help, but I don't have it handy and I wanted to ask before I forgot again.

Is there a way to mark a racer in the roster as 'exhibition only' or 'non competitor'?

They would be in the schedule and would race like any other car, but just not be included in any standings or awards...

Things like perhaps a rule infraction that can't be remedied, we still want him to run. Or someone who wished to build more than one entry just for show.

We race on Times by the way, so it should not affect other racers.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: GPRM - NonCompetitor

Post by pack529holycross »

just build an additional race group for "open" class.. that way any car that is NOT in the running for a trophy can race separately.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

No I want them in the same group. It may only be one car for a whole pack, that has been declared as trophy ineligible.

But I want him to run in his original Den group.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

There is no way currently to exclude a particular racer(s) from the standings. It is on the list of possible improvements for V8.

However, allowing such a car to race (even if they are not reflected in the standings) can still cause heartburn with other racers, especially if it is a really fast car. It can be a bit of a no win situation. For the kid's sake, you want to let them run, but you really hope they will not be one of the faster cars. Almost invariably, the car ends up being a speed burner.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

As an update to this thread, Version 8 has added the ability to flag a racer so they can still race but they will not be displayed on the standings.

Still, I think that letting such a racer run can still cause heartburn with other racers (that is if it is a really fast car), but now it is up to you how you want to handle that scenario.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by dna1990 »

Point taken...I will play with the latest version over the next month...we race in late January!

GPRM is always impressing me...Have a nice holiday.