GPRM & Late Disqualification

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
thepiratedoc
Apprentice
Apprentice

GPRM & Late Disqualification

Post by thepiratedoc »

Ran over 100 heats for 40 boys yesterday with only one issue -- one car was passed with obviously illegal wheels (due to poor instruction of the inspectors on my part!) and had to be DQ'd. The car had already completed its division and placed 2nd by the time DQ occurred. When we set up the Grand Finals I couldn't remove that car and insert another in order to get the full complement of racers. I ended up making a new group and just running a separate "Finalists" race including the 'new' 3rd place finisher in that Den. I had to re-number all the finalist cars as GPRM wouldn't allow me to add and delete from the original Grand Finals list. It worked out but added 30 minutes to the day.

Fortunately for me, the family involved and the Den leaders handled the DQ with uncommon grace. No yelling or fistfights!

This was my 3rd year running the Derby with GPRM and everyone in the Pack is still amazed at how well it runs each time. Good product!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPRM & Late Disqualification

Post by gpraceman »

In the Registration tab of the main screen, you can override who the software flagged as a Grand Finalist. Once you've revised the finalists, you can create the schedule.

That is a tough situation on the DQ. I'm glad that worked out as it did. Something like that can get ugly.

I'm glad the software has been a help in your races.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Randy and Son
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: GPRM & Late Disqualification

Post by Randy and Son »

thepiratedoc wrote:Ran over 100 heats for 40 boys yesterday with only one issue -- one car was passed with obviously illegal wheels (due to poor instruction of the inspectors on my part!) and had to be DQ'd. The car had already completed its division and placed 2nd by the time DQ occurred.
That's a really tough call to make on the DQ. I would be inclined to let the car run since it passed inspection already. The fault lies with the inspector at that point.

I saw that happen this year in our Pack. We had a car pass inspection with illegal wheels (PineCar instead of BSA) during check-in which for us is the night before the race. Between check-in and the race someone notices the wheels. The kid gets told minutes before the race that he can race but not win anything. Of course its too late to change wheels by then and he is heartbroken. His car finished second overall at the Pack level and would have won his Den. It appears he's now out of Scouting.

Glad your situation worked out as well as it did.

Randy