Group and Subgroup Dilemma

Discussions on race preparation, race management, sound effects, and other race related software. This is only for software provided by our sponsor, GrandPrix Software Central.
BaltimoreRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Group and Subgroup Dilemma

Post by BaltimoreRob »

I am running the new version of GPRM

How do i make each den run separate from each other and then have the top from each den do a grand final? I tried this to day and it didn't work out that way. It just put them all together.

Also I have a GS troop going to race. I tried to add them to a new group when I went to generate the schedual it tossed them in with the boys. Do I have to wait for the Boy's races to be over then start all over with the girls in a new file?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Group and Subgroup Dilemma

Post by gpraceman »

BaltimoreRob wrote:How do i make each den run separate from each other and then have the top from each den do a grand final? I tried this to day and it didn't work out that way. It just put them all together.

Also I have a GS troop going to race. I tried to add them to a new group when I went to generate the schedual it tossed them in with the boys. Do I have to wait for the Boy's races to be over then start all over with the girls in a new file?
If you want them separated, then put them into separate race groups. Each group will get their own schedule. Subgroups have no bearing on scheduling, by design.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
dna1990
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Group and Subgroup Dilemma

Post by dna1990 »

From what I understand you wanting to do, I would use only Groups.

Then use the New Round - Grand Finals option to gather winner(s) from each group you select into a Final.